Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Victoire Roux: When Stars Hung Brightly In The Sky....


I long for the good, ole days of glamour. Call me a hopeless romantic but I’m just not into this “celebrities are real people too” crap that everyone from People to In Touch magazine is trying to feed us. I like my celebs to be living a lifestyle that I can dream about and aspire to. I don’t want to see Christina Aguilera wearing cut off shorts in her Ugg boots coming out of a Starbucks with her Venti Machiatto Late in one hand and while holding a $10,000 Marc Jacob bag in another.

In the fifties and sixties, our stars were always presented to us as complete packages. We either saw them in their featured movie, photo spreads in a glossy magazines alongside interviews that had been edited (if not written) by the studio’s publicity departments or a photo reel news flash at their latest opening. They were shining examples of the perfection that we could all marvel at. Stars back then….shined from a distance and glowed with intensity.

That’s why I was so sad when the Hollywood Legends series was discontinued by Integrity Toys….and so happy when the Breakfast At Tiffany’s, Sabrina, Victoire Roux and the soon to be released Funny Face set are coming our way in 2013 (can you believe that they are going to use Veronique and Vanessa’s original facemolds…I almost died at the convention when the images came up on the large screens…the facepaint is perfection and looks infinitely more like Audrey than the Breakfast set).

Victoire to me represents a fabulous time in the forties and fifties when women were ladies (and looked like them) all the time. The only person that I still know that lives by that standard today is my friend and world famous transsexual Amanda Lepore. She is a paragon of femininity. That woman does not step out to the grocery, gym or outside her door to pick up the paper unless she is completely DONE! Not unlike Victoire, she is a model and a sometime actress/singer that knows that every book is judged first by its cover.

I’m happy to say that I own every last one of the Victoire’s that have come out to date. I hope that IT makes them a bit easier to acquire, like they did at the convention. It was by the grace of God that I was able to get the raven and redhead version of the dolls. I’m so grateful that I have them and they hold a very special place in my heart and collection.

Here’s to the ladies!

Xoxoxo,

F

No comments:

Post a Comment